There are lots of advantages of incorporating a Limited Liability company instead of a business name registration
1. A Limited liability company is a legal entity and provides corporate identity and legal protection against liabilities.
2. If you are going into partnership with other people or bringing in investors, a company incorporation provide more clarity about ownership and possession for its stakeholders and a broader legal framework to protect you and the business.
3. A limited liability company has more expansion capability than a business name as it can accommodate and integrate more business activities and objects.
4. Some industries require that businesses are only formalised as companies. Examples are banking, corporate consulting, security, insurance, shipping, finance, bureau de change, etc.
5. Some organisations will take you more serious when entering into business relationships with you if you are a company than if you are a small entreprise.